29/06/201510 Pool Maintenance Tips
As a pool owner, it’s important to maintain your investment to keep it looking clean, refreshing and ready to use at a moment’s notice. The key to pool maintenance is staying on top of the routine. This not only will save you money, but will also minimize the need to make emergency runs to a pool store for chemicals or to call a pool maintenance service.
Our Top Pool Maintenance Tips:
1. Clean out your skimmer basket each week.
2. Check pool chemistry several times a week during the summer and once a week during the off season.
3. Check and monitor the water level of the pool at least once monthly and adjust accordingly. Water level should always be at the center of the tile or skimmer.
4. Clean lint and hair pot in the pump every few weeks or as needed. Always turn off the pump first before doing this.
5. Each week check the Deck-Chlor/Inline Chlorinator for its proper adjustment. Also, check the flow while checking chlorine.
6. Make sure the light is functioning properly in the ozone unit (if applicable).
7. Add catalyst tabs (if applicable) when needed following the proper instructions for the gallons of water in your particular pool. Always store them in a cool dry place.
8. Clean your filters 2-3 times each year. This is important as it will keep your pool the cleanest possible.
9. Wipe or clean tile weekly as this will reduce build-up.
10. If you see cracks around the pool, caulk it with clear silicon immediately. Never allow water to flow from the inside of a pool through the cracks as it weakens the foundation.
If you want to leave pool maintenance to the professionals, hire a pool maintenance service such as Sundays Off. With over 35 years of experience, they offer pool maintenance, pool repair, pool construction and pool renovation services. Otherwise, follow these 10 pool maintenance tips to keep your pool running efficiently.